Monday, January 12, 2015

The First Blog

Hi everybody, after a 2 year absence from blogging, been spending all my time working on this new site & magazine, I'm coming back on the air.  The site will be up soon and I wanted to get this started to keep y'all up-to-date on what we are doing at Able Outdoors in 2015 and also so you can follow me on some of the adventures we are planning.

The seasons are coming to an end here, but if you're planning on going hunting out-of-state, January & February are the months to start figuring out where you want to go, what you want to hunt for and then submitting your applications to either the organizations in charge of the hunt or to the state's wildlife departments, or both.  It sounds complicated I know, but it really isn't.  Everything is done online these days and with a little help it's pretty easy to figure out.

This week I'm heading down to south Texas to hunt on the famed Sweden ranch.  I haven't gotten to deer hunt much this year so I'm uber-excited to be going, plus it's been cold & rainy for about a week and I'm just ready to get out of the house!  I will be posting pics and updates here as we go so check back.  It will be my first, and last, real deer hunt this season.

I've been receiving some great stories already from challenged sportsmen across the country and I'm looking forward to reading more of them as we get ready to launch the magazine.  I really want to try to get them all out eventually either on the site or in print so please feel free to send us all your ideas.  Your stories are going to be what makes this magazine go.

Okay that's enough for now.  It feels good to be plugged back in and I'm looking forward to doing this thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment